Monday, March 12, 2012

Love Lifted Me


Love Lifted MeA Songbird Novel

By Sara Evans with Rachel Hauck






I had never heard of the Songbird series and didn't realize that Sara Evans was involved in something like this. Rachel, it's a pleasure to "meet" you! I will have to check these books out--they promise to be rewarding in more ways than one.
Just finished this book...and I had to slow down my reading speed because I ENJOYED it that much! I was so thrilled to received the pre-order even earlier than expected. SUPERB writing...great job Rachel! I have also read the two previous books and highly recommend this series to anyone wanting to get "lost" in a good book.Beautiful review, Serena!! I have read this book and it is all that you say and more!! Excellent read you won't want to put down.


I wanted to like this book, and for the most part, I did. The story is a cute story about a couple who works on their rocky marriage. I loved how both the wife and husband had baggage, and grace and forgiveness were main themes of this book. Max, the recently recovered addict, leaves his lawyer career to pursue coaching football. His wife Jade goes with him, and learns to trust her husband again after his addiction and infidelity. There were moments that reminded me of the Friday Night Light. This book was like,“Facing the Giants” with southern spice. Jade and Max had a rough beginning to their marriage. He cheated and out of that union came Asa, a son. After Asa’s mother died, Jade took in the little boy like her own showing love and faith, struggling against fears and an old habit of running away from things and situations.

Max goes to work in Texas as part of his rehabilitation after getting confronted with his prescription drug addiction. After months of being clean. 
n this sequel to Softly and Tenderly, Jade is trying to heal from Max's betrayal. She still doesn't trust him, but she's fallen in love with Asa his two-year-old illegitimate son. Max returns from the Outpost Rehab Ranch in Texas where he has been coaching football for the Randall County rec center team. Now Jade and Max have to figure out how to become a family again or whether it's still possible. I have really enjoyed all three of these and hope there are more to come. I'm never sure of a singer or actor that crosses over into writing but tgese were a nice surprise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment