Monday, May 28, 2012

Close Enough to Hear God Breathe


Close Enough to Hear God Breathe
Close Enough to Hear God Breathe
The Great Story of Divine Intimacy
By Greg PaulPublished 
by Thomas Nelson


I was gripped by this book from the outset because it was in going through the hardest difficulty in my life a few years ago... I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. I was reminded to stop, be quiet and listen to God,I struggled to get into this book. I don't really know why, I agree with, and like, the ideas presented, and it was well-written, but it just didn't keep my attention like I had hoped it would. I remember looking forward to reading this. I have been having a hard time getting through it, though.


This is exactly the kind of book which I will stockpile on my book shelf and give to those I meet who are open to thinking deeply and critically about issues of faith. We need to pray more like how Paul prays. And this is a wonderful book that expounds Paul's prayer. A great resource to improve one's prayer contents and prayer life. As we reflect biblically on Paul's prayers, our prayers become more biblical and Paul's (as well as God's priorities) in prayer, becomes ours too! Now that is exciting and can do wonders to our prayer life!
This book found me at the right time. Exactly what I needed to assess and discern the call on my life.
It is easy to read and, as is hopefully clear from the above, it is very practical. I think this would be an excellent book for those considering the pastoral ministry or those who think some insight into this process would be beneficial.

0 comments:

Post a Comment