Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Place Called Blessing

A Place Called Blessing

Where Hurting Ends and Love BeginsBy John Trent with Annette SmithPublished by Thomas Nelson

A Place Called BlessingPlace called blessed: I wish that more time was spent on Josh's time in the foster care system as a teenager instead of jumping from being a child to being 18. When it got to him being on his own though, I couldn't stop reading.  kept wondering when the hurting would stop. I felt sad by the unfairness of life.  I would recommend this book to anyone! Trent's has a partnered ministry with Focus on the Family, called The Blessing Challenge. It provides the readers of his book with an opportunity to do something...  this book was not entirely applicable to me, nor to my wife. However, there were still things we were reminded of and we did plenty of self-evaluations as we read through the book. Honestly, I believe this book is most applicable to parents who feel as if they weren't entirely loved or accepted by their own parents and who worry that they may not show proper love to their own children.  would go as far to recommend that all parents, especially those of younger children, read this book to help them understand the importance of blessing their children. This book would especially make a good gift to first-time expecting parents.

received a copy of this book from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com bloggers program.I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment